The team at the Al Serra Auto Plaza is excited to announce our offering of the new GM Preferred Owner Program! No purchase is necessary to become a member of the Al Serra Auto Plaza GM Preferred Owner Program, but you must personally enroll at the dealership. So, please stop by and see any Al Serra employee located in any of the GM stores to activate your Preferred Owner card and start saving money today!
Preferred Owner Benefits
This exciting new feature allows you to shop leading retailers online to earn award points as follows:
· Award points will be accrued and can be used to discount future Service, Parts, Accessories and Body Shop purchases.
· Earn award points when you shop on-line at hundreds of popular retailers. Details can be found on the Preferred Owner Consumer website (www.gmpreferredowner.com)...
· Each award point earned is equal to one dollar ($1) in award discounts.
EARNING MORE POINTS IS AS EASY AS
1. Log-in at www.gmpreferredowner.com (if you haven’t already done so … you will need to register.
2. Click on the “Bonus Points and Discounts” button
3. View all discounts and special offers and START SHOPPING! Your points will automatically post to your account 20-45 days from shipment of your online purchase. It really is that easy!
Al Serra Auto Plaza
Preferred Owner Program
Terms and Conditions
The following document describes the terms and conditions on which Al Serra Auto Plaza offers you access to and use of the Al Serra Auto Plaza Preferred Owner Program.
Overview of the Preferred Owner Program
1. The Preferred Owner Program is a loyalty program sponsored by Al Serra Auto Plaza through which owners can earn award points toward future purchases of Service, Parts, Accessories and Body Shop.
2. All award points earned can be used at the Al Serra Auto Plaza – Grand Blanc ONLY.
Qualification for Participation in the Program
1. All customers who have purchased a vehicle, had service or body shop work performed on their vehicles, bought accessories and/or parts from Al Serra Auto Plaza are qualified. The Program is open to all Al Serra Auto Plaza customers who are over the age of 18.
2. Fleet customers or wholesale customers are not eligible to participate in the Program.
4. All Al Serra employees can offer the Program invitation to the customer – in person or via email or mailed invitation.
5. Participation in the Program constitutes each Preferred Owner’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
Using Program Points
1. Award pointsexpire in two years from posted date to customer account.
2. Program dollars have no cash value.
3. Program dollars are non-transferable.
4. Program dollars can only be used in the Al Serra Auto Plaza, Grand Blanc, Michigan.
Modification and Termination of the Program
1. Al Serra Auto Plaza may modify any of the terms and conditions governing the Program – including, but not limited to, the methods through which points can be earned, how the Program can be used, the value of the earned award points, at any time, without notice, even though these changes may affect the Preferred Owner’s ability to use the points that have all ready been earned.
2. The Program has no pre-determined termination date and may continue until such time that Al Serra Auto Plaza may terminate the program at any time, with no notice given.
3. The Preferred Owners continued participation in the Program constitutes the Preferred Owners acceptance of any changes made to these Terms and Conditions. The Preferred Owners are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that Al Serra Auto Plaza may make to these Terms and Conditions. The most current version will be available on the Preferred Owner’s Website and will supersede all previous versions of the Terms and Conditions.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Accrued Preferred Owner award points do not constitute property of a Preferred Owner and have no value outside of the program. Preferred Owner award points are credits that Al Serra Auto Plaza may revoke at any time as set forth herein. Preferred Owner award points may not be exchanged for cash, assigned, bartered, or transferred, except as set forth herein, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or otherwise by operation of law.
2. Each Preferred Owner is responsible for ensuring that the information in his/her account is accurate and kept current.
Limitation of Liability
1. By participating in the Program, each Preferred Owner accepts all responsibility for, and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Al Serra Auto Plaza and each of the their related companies, General Motors, Maritz , FMR and each such company’s respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, and successors, and assigns the “Released Parties,” from and against any claims that may arise from actions taken by such Member or for any unauthorized access to Preferred Owner’s account from a third party.
2. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM. EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF A PREFERRED OWNER PROVES THAT AL SERRA AUTO PLAZA HAS IMPROPERLY DENIED THAT PREFERRED OWNER EARNED AWARD POINTS, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT OF EARNED AWARD POINTS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, A PREFERRED OWNER WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION, And OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED. EACH PREFERRED OWNER SPECIFICALLY WAIVES ANY BENEFIT UNDER MICHIGAN LAW PROVIDING A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO UNKNOWN CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN ITS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED THE SETTLEMENT.
1. Preferred Owners agree that any controversy or claim at law or equity that arises out of or relates to the Program (“Claims”) shall be resolved in accordance with one of the subsections below, or as otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing by the parties.
a. Arbitration: For any Claim (excluding Claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000. Preferred Owners or Al Serra Auto Plaza may elect to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration conducted by telephone, online, and/or based solely upon written submissions where no in-person appearance is required. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
b. Court: Alternatively, any Claim may be adjudicated by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Genesee County, Michigan or where the defendant is located. Preferred Owners and Al Serra Auto Plaza agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Genesee County, Michigan.
c. Violations of Section G (“Legal Disputes”) All Claims (excluding requests for injunctive or equitable relief) between the parties must be resolved using the dispute resolution mechanism that is selected in accordance with this Section by the party first to assert a Claim, either through a court filing or a commencement of arbitration. Should either party file an action contrary to this Section G, the other party may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to $1000.00, provided that the party seeking the award has notified the other party in writing of the improperly filed Claim, and the other party has failed to withdraw the Claim.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted under the laws of the state of Michigan, U.S., as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Michigan by Michigan residents. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), and all of its rules and procedures, shall govern Legal Disputes Section (of this document) hereof, to the extent that the FAA is inconsistent with Michigan law. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or the extent of such section. Al Serra Auto Plaza’s failure to act with respect to a breach by Preferred Owners does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. These Terms and Conditions and any documents it incorporates set forth the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. Sections pertaining to Limitation of Liability and Legal Disputes shall survive any termination or expiration of this agreement. It is the express wish of the parties that this document and any related documents be drawn up in English.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in force.